
I had to give a shout out to my Grandpa's car. He had it for over 20 years and drove up until the week he went into the hospital. Last year he changed the brakes on his car by himself. He was 96 then!

This is the first time all of my siblings has been together in a long time.

My cute mom and step-dad.

This is me and my 2 sisters, Cari and Lori, on the right, and our cousins are on the left.
So it wasn't actually planned as a vacation, but my sister's and I made it into one. My wonderful 97 year old Grandpa died on April 17 so we decided to leave all family behind and fly to Phoenix. We were there only 3 and a half days but we had a blast! The weather was in the high eighties, low nineties the whole time. We went swimming, shopping, visited family and went to the funeral of course. We decided we are going to do a sisters trip every year from now on. As much as I love my family, it was so nice not to have to worry about anyone but me. That hasn't happened since I had Jason.
Re-entry (does everyone know what I mean when I say that? If you don't let me know, I'll explain) was extra hard after this trip for some reason. It seriously took me a long time to get back into my routine and not keep wishing I was still in Arizona. We definately needed another day or two to really feel like we got a good vacation and wanted to go back home.
All in all it was great and can't wait to do it again next year. Hopefully without a funeral next time.
8 comments:
Jill,
Sorry about your Grandpa.
Tis True about the sibling vacations...... I have always loved my sister trips. Glad you discovered them.
Why does it seem like my only trips by myself are for funerals? I guess we need to celebrate weddings more and the happy stuff. Glad you got to come, wish I could of made it down.
I am glad that you had a nice trip AND got to celebrate the life of your grandpa at the same time. You and your fam are ADORABLE.
Looks like a lot of fun!!! We DO need to get together, when should we do it?
The song I think Annie is talking about is Miracle by Celine Dion. It is SUCH a tear jerker. I also put My girl, Let them be little, and the Tarzen song. Ahhh, now I must go watch it. Let's get together soon. :)
Hey Jill, I just want you to know how sorry I am about your grandpa. Like Kristie said the sister's trips are the best.Hope you can keep up with going every year great memories to keep forever.
Definitely sorry that the reason for a trip was a funeral- but I'm really glad you were able to go out kid-free and have some fun with siblings! I'll bet it was SO nice to get into some hot weather and go swimming... I'm pretty jealous about that part.
I think that taking time away from your kids is totally healthy- it helps you regain sanity (at least a little bit) and to appreciate your time with them more. Ya know?
Ok- so I definitely think we need to hang out soon. Friday is our anniversary, but Saturday is totally an option. We need to do it.
Cute blog! Sorry the trip was for a funeral, but it sounds like you had a ton of fun.
We definetely have to get together soon. We miss you guys a ton. I think we are planning on going to Kevin's show on the 28th. I hear you will be there! That would be fun! And yes, feel free to invite yourself over anytime. Our home is your home. Just like the good old days!!!
Sorry to hear about your grandpa. What a fun vacation though. Not to be rude, but sometimes it is so nice to get a break to go out of town! It is good to see you guys are doing well.
Post a Comment