Monday, February 15, 2010

Why does every girl have to do it?


This was one of the saddest days of my life! Here's how it happened: Jason asked me if I would play the Wii with him and of course I said yes. So I put a movie on in my bedroom to entertain Andie for a little while. I had been crocheting in my bed and had left my scissors on my nightstand. Jason and I were having a great time playing Mario Bro's when in walks Andie holding a rather large clump of her hair! I ran over to get a closer look and she ran away down the hall. As I followed her, I saw a trail of her hair leading to my bedroom and finally onto the bed. Was I surprised? Not at all, I was expecting it at some point and maybe that's why I was able to stay so calm during this incident (plus the fact that it was my fault). I had just hoped that maybe she wouldn't ever do this because we have told her a million times that you only cut paper, you never cut your hair or anyone else's hair. Apparently she doesn't listen very well.


I called Cookie Cutters to see if they could get her in right away and we went in. The wonderful hair stylist did a great job in covering up Andie's special hair cut. She cut a couple inches off so it wouldn't look so much like a mullet. We are pretty lucky that she only cut one side and I can just part it a little further on the side and do a comb over to cover up her other side. Unfortunately the only thing I can do with it now is put a head band in it, which completely hides it, but I loved doing fun things with Andie's hair. :( She has been really good about wearing her head bands and she will just have to continue wearing them until the shortest piece is to her chin and then we will cut it again in a cute little bob.


This was taken the day after and I have to say she still looks pretty darn adorable. Why do I want another girl?!

3 comments:

Ashley Rae said...

Haha- yes you are lucky she didn't cut it off shorter. She looks really cute with short hair. Kennedy has never cut her hair (although her COUSIN cut a chunk of Kennedy's hair, but it wasn't noticeable). When I was little, however, I cut my bangs all the way up to the top of my forehead. My mother was furious.....

Teresa said...

Wow, great cover-up. I think that's every mother's worst nightmare. I remember trying to give myself a mullet on purpose when I was like 7. Disadvantage of living in Texas. Luckily my kids haven't done that...yet. She looks really cute with short hair though.

melanie33 said...

love reading the blog and getting to know you a little more...

If you are going to hack your hair off with scissors, that is the way to go! It turned out adorable.
I guess she's got skills. Maybe she is trying to train herself young. :)