Tuesday, April 1, 2008

It looks much worse than it was!





She really only cried for a minute. She was a real trooper during this ordeal. The quality isn't so good because they were taken with my cell phone. I didn't think to grab a camera before we left, so thank goodness I at least had my camera phone. The x-ray on the right is where you can kind of see the fracture, but you have to look pretty hard. See that little bulge on the right side of the bone? Yep, that tiny thing is the fracture. I don't really understand how bones heal, but I think it's pretty amazing that after 4 weeks of having a cast on, the bone will be completely healed. Ah, the amazing human body!

8 comments:

Ashley Rae said...

Haha- seriously. Those x-rays are so cute, how you can see her chubby little arm! I really never thought I'd call an x-ray "cute"...

Traci said...

What is going on up there? Holy Cow. I am glad that she is ok. You are right that case is so cute.

Jack's Handler said...

Ohhh... how sad. I remember when Addie was almost 1 and broke her leg. People would look at me like I was a kid killer... and my Gosh, thank goodness you didn't have to take her to the doctor here!

I had her out at Mountain View Peds (Alta View). They said in the hallway, "The mom said that she fell off the bed. I think there is more to it than that." I could've killed right then and there!!! Oh, poor little buggie. Give her a kiss from me! :(

Martin Family said...

Poor thing. It is amazing how resilient little kids are. Good luck with the next four weeks.

Kristie and Roger said...

Oh Man.....Im so sorry.
Hope she heals fast.She is so dang cute.

Jess said...

I, too, love the chubby arm x-ray :)

angie said...

Oh poor Andi. :( I hope she is doing better.

Christy said...

Hey Jill! I saw Cari's blog, and wanted to look at yours. That is so sad about andie. But it seems like in some of the pictures it's not bothering her too much. Hopefully it'll heal soon.