Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Andie's Latest Drama




I was hoping Andie's bouts of drama would be a little bit more spread out, turns out we couldn't go 2 weeks without having something else happen to her. So here's the story this time. I was visiting my sister in Idaho for about a week. Just before we were about to leave Andie falls off the fireplace and is freaking out. I'm thinking, how can she be seriously hurt, it's only about 18 inches from the floor. So we continue to watch her for a few minutes and decided there was definately something wrong with her arm as we watched her fall while trying to get up. We therefore called in the doctor. It was very convenient having my brother-in-law as a doctor. We took her in to see Dr. Clay and after some touching and prodding and the cutest little x-rays, it was confirmed that she had a buckle fracture in her radius. Clay then wrapped her arm in a tiny cast and we decided to stay an extra night just to make sure everything looked right after the cast had set. Thank yo so much to Clay for providing such wonderful care for my little bug and also a big thanks to Lori for her intuitive nature and pushing me to get the x-ray. Sorry to all of the Prince household for the crying at 4 AM last night due to a bothersome cast. We are now back home and after Andie had a good nap, she is as good as new. In 4 weeks we will be in to see Andie's pediatrician to remove the cast and let's pray nothing else befalls her for a while. But isn't that the cutest little cast you ever saw? I'm really sad it happened, but I seriously like the cast. I probably won't be saying that after 4 weeks of bagging it to bathe her. If I can figure out how to post her x-rays I will, because you can see her cute chubby arms and tiny bones.

4 comments:

Jess said...

Poor little Andie - that cast is adorable!

Ashley Rae said...

Oh that's so sad to see her in a cast! But you're right- it really is adorable. I have never seen a cast that small. Haha! Good luck bathing her with it :)

With the pics... I usually try to upload the same one, again... but sometimes it doesn't fix it. So... unfortunately not a whole lot we can do if we have wireless. Lame, huh?

I can't believe you'd never been to Disneyland! I'm so glad you went and had fun!! You're right- next time we'll all have to go together!

Samantha said...

Yeah...that cast is pretty cute. Leave it to Andie to break her arm from a 1 foot fall. :-) Hopefully she will not even notice the cast soon.

The Barneys said...

That is so sad that Andie broke her arm. She is too young for that. I know how how you feel though, Colter hasn't broken his arm, but for the last 6 weeks we can't go 7 days without a trip to the pediatrician. Seriously. Hope she gets better soon.