Monday, June 23, 2008

I survived Girl's camp!

Just wanted to let everyone know that I did indeed survive Young Women's Camp. Most of you know that I have been a basket case since I accepted the call to be Camp Director, but I can honestly say that once I got up there, I had a very fun time. Without the worry of children, camping can actually be quite fun I discovered. I loved getting to know the girls and the leaders and it made me think back to the times when I went to camp and how much I loved it. I sure didn't understand the hard work my leaders put into making camp a fun, good experience, but I do now. I feel like since I accomplished that, that I could pretty much do anything (as long as I have the help of a little anti-anxiety medication). I guess the Bishop really did know what he was doing when he asked me to do this.

4 comments:

Christy said...

Wow, you got to be camp director hugh? I'm sure you did great! Kelly did that two years ago, and I saw how stressed out she got. It's a TON of work. I will tell her you say congrats on the baby.
My mom is moving cuz it's too much house for just her and Jaclyn, and who knows how much longer Jaclyn will be around in the house. Plus it will be nice having her in a place where she wont have to worry about yard work. She wants to stay close though. Maybe in the condo's at 7200 S 700 W. Let me know when you want to come in! And yes, we need to have a chat with Cari about blogging :)

stef said...

Jill you did such a great job! Camp was a blast and all of your hard work paid off. Thank you for your dedication and effort you put into it. It was great getting to know you a little better.

Ashley Rae said...

I'm glad you had a good time! I was camp director a few years ago and yeah, it was stressful, but it was so much fun at the same time. I love girl's camp. I'm sure that the girls had a blast. I want to go again. Those were the days...

ramsudd3 said...

Jill I am so proud of you. I do know how much putting on camp can be. I was in the Young Woman's for almost ten years. We always did appreciate the Camp Directors and all of their hard work to organize everything and make camp fun for not only the girls but for the leaders as well.I am glad that it was a positive experience for you. Young Women are great and to be an influence on them is so worth while.noznd