We are moving to Nashville!
Some of you have heard the rumor that we were possibly going to go there for the summer. Well, it is no longer a rumor, it is a fact and... we are not just going for the summer, we are going to try living there for a few years. Kevan's brother Tim has been trying to get us to move there for a while now and he has finally convinced us. Actually we just feel like it is time for an adventure, time to do something and experience something different for a little while. The recent "dismissal" of Kevan from his job definitely confirmed that this is something we should do. The plan is for Kevan to work throughout the summer and into the fall selling pest control for the company his brothers work for. In the fall he will finish up his last semester of college while still selling pest control. After that, he will either continue working for the pest control company with a more permanent position or find a job with a booking/promotions company. The latter is what he really would like to do for few years, learn the ropes and then move back here and open his own booking/promotions company. So, that's that. Kevan will leave in May, me and the kids won't leave until the middle of June.
We are also looking for people to go with us! Seriously, though, if you know of anyone who would be interested in coming out for the summer to sell pest control, let us know. The average person makes $40,000 in 3-4 months. The owners of the company are awesome and it would be a fun adventure for anyone especially college age kids who have the summer off. Anyway, let us know.
We are really excited for this move but also very sad. We absolutely have loved living where we are and are going to miss our ward and friends very much. We will especially miss our family here, but I can't think about that part of it or I won't want to go. Wish us good luck!
Some of you have heard the rumor that we were possibly going to go there for the summer. Well, it is no longer a rumor, it is a fact and... we are not just going for the summer, we are going to try living there for a few years. Kevan's brother Tim has been trying to get us to move there for a while now and he has finally convinced us. Actually we just feel like it is time for an adventure, time to do something and experience something different for a little while. The recent "dismissal" of Kevan from his job definitely confirmed that this is something we should do. The plan is for Kevan to work throughout the summer and into the fall selling pest control for the company his brothers work for. In the fall he will finish up his last semester of college while still selling pest control. After that, he will either continue working for the pest control company with a more permanent position or find a job with a booking/promotions company. The latter is what he really would like to do for few years, learn the ropes and then move back here and open his own booking/promotions company. So, that's that. Kevan will leave in May, me and the kids won't leave until the middle of June.
We are also looking for people to go with us! Seriously, though, if you know of anyone who would be interested in coming out for the summer to sell pest control, let us know. The average person makes $40,000 in 3-4 months. The owners of the company are awesome and it would be a fun adventure for anyone especially college age kids who have the summer off. Anyway, let us know.
We are really excited for this move but also very sad. We absolutely have loved living where we are and are going to miss our ward and friends very much. We will especially miss our family here, but I can't think about that part of it or I won't want to go. Wish us good luck!

13 comments:
WOW! That is a life change and I wish the best of luck. Good luck with everything. We should get together before you leave!!
WHAT?! Well I feel out of the loop. It IS your turn to move out that direction, I guess, since all the rest of it have done it. You'll have a great time. I know someone here who lived there before and loved it. Good luck!
You guys are going to have a great time. We will come visit for sure.
When I saw that title I thought you were going to say you're pregnant. It'll be sad to see you guys leave the ward. However I served my mission in Nashville and it is so beautiful there with tons of trees and hills. (And humid.) It seemed like a great place to live. Good luck and you'll have to keep posts coming in so we can keep in touch and see how things are going.
Come on down...well sorta! What an adventure! (Trust me I know) It's been one of the best things Kirt and I ever did, moving away from our comfort zone and creating a new one. Have fun with it!
Oh WOW! I had no idea. We will miss you and your family so much. Come stay with us anytime. Evan is going to miss Jason. I am going to miss borrowing Andies bows :)
Wow, exciting for you, so sad for us! Your family will be greatly missed. Thanks for all you have done to serve our ward. Best wishes in your new adventure.
No you're not...we won't let you.
WHAT THE HECK?? That is so crazy, but I'm so excited for you guys!! Change is good!
Fun! I would love to move there, and Court wants to move somewhere too. You should have your hubby call or text him and talk him into it. I'd be there in a second.
Oh my! I had no idea you were even thinking about it. That is so awesome and will be such a cool experience. Jake and I always talk about moving away, but don't know where we would go. We wish you the best of everything. You will be missed!
What about my favorite Band?
When Dan told me the news I was totally bummed! We need to get serious about this dinner we've talked about. I tried your house number, but obviously didn't get you. email me with your cell or something.
It will be a great adventure, though! And how nice that you will have family there. I am sure that makes it a bit less intimidating.
Post a Comment