Sunday, September 21, 2008

A Cardboard box, a Friday afternoon and a five year old...


Jason and I got creative Friday afternoon. He had been asking us to save a cardboard box so that he could make a house for his lego dudes and we just happened to get the perfect box. So I set out with my very limited architectural skills to make him a house he would approve of. This is what we came up with. I have to say that I am pretty impressed with my self on this one.


Jason picked out all the colors for the house. He hasn't yet learned that red and blue should go nowhere near each other. He is a pretty darn easy child to please - I was trying to convince him that he needed 2 coats of paint on the parts where there was tape and the paint wasn't staying very well and after a few minutes of persuasion he finally said, "Mom, I don't want to paint it again so quit arguing with me. I don't care if my house looks crappy." Okay, then. Yes, that is the lego dudes personal jet parked next to their house.
The bed that Jason created all by himself!


And the stairs that I created all by myself! And I only cut myself once during this whole process. Yeah for me! Yeah for my creative little boy.

12 comments:

Teresa said...

Wow, I agree. You both did such a great job! That is so cute!

Samantha said...

Wow, I must say that I am very impressed. I certainly wouldn't be that creative.

Jess said...

Jill, that is AWESOME. I love it. What a cool mom you are!

Kristie and Roger said...

Looks like he's creative......and maybe has some Rick in him?....thats adorable

angie said...

That is so AWESOME!! I would never be able to do that!! Good job guys!!

yeah, I can for sure get together w/ ya before the 2nd. Call me and will plan a day. My number is 671-8838. Can't wait to make them!!

Lynch said...

Very nice! You will have to help me if Noah ever asks me to do something creative!

Ashley Rae said...

Holy crap. That looks amazing. You get the mom-of-the-year award for that, for sure. Seriously.

And tell Jason it doesn't look crappy at all. Hehe.

Coatsy's said...

How amazing is that.... You did very well Jill, Jason ought to be very proud of his mommy.... Very creative... Hope all is well... Lots of Love

Kristi said...

Hey Great Job! You should go into a lego house making business. And when you do we will take two!
Evan and Collin would love it.

Traci said...

Good job Jill. I am so proud of you. Can you believe are kids are growing up so fast? Your kids are darling. i will call you this week.

rosanne said...

Can I pay you to come build me a house, too?

Em said...

You are a crafty GENIUS!!!