Okay, so I have to take a moment to brag about Jason. On Sunday I had one of the proudest moments of my motherhood career. My sweet Jason (remember he's only 5) was asked to sing a solo for the Primary Program this year. He stumbled a little at first, trying to remember which verse he was to sing but once he got going he did an incredible job! Not only did he have me, Kevan and my mom crying, but numerous members of the congregation also told me they were crying. We did record it on Kevan's phone and are trying to put it on the computer so I can post it and make all of you cry also! Jason may look like me, but he is all Kevan, right down to the no-fear of speaking, talking or acting in front of large audiences. He is such a natural performer! He continues to amaze me every day. He memorized that song in a few days and memorized his speaking part in about 10 minutes. Just so you don't think I have a perfect angel - after he sang his song so sweetly, he sat down and messed around the rest of the program. I seriously don't think he sat still or sang another song. Anyway- I love that kid and will really try to get that recording on here.
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Oh my gosh!! I wish I could've been there to hear it! I really hope you're able to post it on here! He is such an adorable kid. I can't believe he stood up there and sang the whole thing... and memorized it so quick. Wow. Such a cutie. You have every right to be proud!
I heard he did a great Job! Sorry I missed it... hurry and post it I could use a good cry :)
Way to Go Jas
Jason did a FABULOUS job--so sweet and pure! I just love him--so much so that I felt like it was almost MY child up there! (Probably wishful thinking--my boys NEVER sang in the Primary programs, they just STOOD there)
It was fun to see you on my blog!! I looked up Dashboard Confessional for a closer inspection--OH MY HECK-Is he related to Kevan? Looks just like him!!
I'm checking back regularly to see if you've posted Jason's song!
I heard it was great too! You'll definitely have to get it posted. Serves me right for skipping out on church...
Post a Comment